Thursday, January 11, 2007

Where's Margot Been?

Margot has been just fine, it's me who has been absent from the computer. Truth is, I don't really know what to write about! Since Christmas, Margot has learned two new phrases: "No!" and "Mine! Margot's!"

She excels at being two. We used to love to ask Margot her opinion because she always agreed with us with a delicate, "Yeah" or "Yes." Now it's no, no, no, and no. Occasionally I will slip in a phrase that I KNOW is a "yes," such as "Would you like some blueberries?" "Yes, please," she'll answer. At least I know she's listening.

There's a third phrase that is overused right now: "By myself!" She wants to dress herself, feed herself, wash herself. She wants to buckle herself into her carseat, walk up and down the stairs, and feed Portia.

I'm proud of her accomplishments, but I miss my dependent little love. Fortunately, she still comes back with hugs and kisses and plaintive requests to, "Hold you! Hold me!" (When she wants to be picked up.)

I'll get my act together and take some pictures this week. I know I skipped right over Christmas, too...look for photos soon!

No comments: