Monday, March 12, 2007

Hey big spender

I know I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog, but here's a quick anecdote to tide you over until I can post some photos:

Margot loves fresh blueberries. She also loves all things blueberry-flavored (yogurt, waffles, etc.) Once, under a sitter's watch, she ate every last blueberry in one of those large-size containers that you find in the produce aisle during the summer (and she smelled faintly of blueberries for an entire week as a result).

These days I haven't been buying blueberries though. For one thing, they aren't sweet this time of year. For another, they are expensive in the off-season ($5.00 for a little pint of tiny pebble-sized berries.) I told Margot they were too expensive and we'd wait until early summer when the berries are sweet again and the price drops.

"Too 'spensive," Margot laments when we walk the produce section of the supermarket. "Booberries too 'spensive."

"Yes," I confirm each time.

A short while ago, while I was checking email, Margot swung by pushing her toy stroller with a baby doll inside. "Going grocery store shopping, Mama," she said. "Bye-bye."

"Oh?" I asked, absentmindedly. "What will you buy?"

"Booberries and cereal," she replied. "Booberries NOT too 'spensive."

1 comment:

Mahlers On Safari said...

Very cute. It was almost worth waiting for!