Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sweet Dreams

I just checked on Margot to cover her up (she always kicks the covers off). Amidst her usual bedtime friends (Babi, Clover, Bun, Panda, Puffy, Kitty Cat), her head was nestled upon her ballet shoes.

I think she's having the sweetest of dreams tonight. I'll check in the morning.

Did you note the bags under her eyes in today's pictures? Margot has been evading sleep for the past two months. If she naps in the afternoon - even for 15 minutes - then we can't get her to fall asleep before 9:30 or 10:00 pm. However, if she doesn't nap, she appears perpetually exhausted (although she does easily pass out at 7:30 pm, which is what Brodie and I prefer). So she gets to nap 3-4 days a week (since she sleeps during naptime at preschool [I have no control over that], and maybe one other day if we are out driving in the afternoon and the hum of the car lulls her to sleep). The remaining days I try to keep her up so that she will sleep at night.

This, too, shall pass, I am sure. In the meantime, she may need cold teabags or cucumbers on her eyes in the morning.

No comments: