Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coach Margot

My Lenten resolution has been to exercise every single day for 30 minutes minimum. Some days I can squeeze in more than that, but between work and home, it can be hard to find even 30 minutes on a weekday. So far, so good. I am hoping that the 40 days of Lent will be enough to help me shake my lazy winter behaviors.

Since there is still a good deal of snow outside, most of my exercising is done in the living room, in front of the TV. I bring out my mat, some weights, and do a workout video.

Margot loves to join me. She changes her clothes into a t-shirt and yoga pants, gets a glass of water, and uses the remote controls as weights. She curls her biceps and does jumping jacks right alongside me. (She usually skips the sit-ups though.)

She's not such a great coach, unfortunately. When I'm panting and sweating she tells me, "Just take a break, Mama. Pause the tv. Get some water. Don't work so hard."

I need to retrain her to be a better drill sargeant!

2 comments:

GrandmaD said...

Why does she have yoga pants?

Mothering Mini said...

They're just stretchy black pants. I call all stretchy pants yoga pants.