Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fool

Margot and I played a very satisfying April Fools joke on Brodie this evening. I convinced him, by phone, that I found a puppy and brought it in and was thinking about keeping it. I said I thought it was a schnauzer, Portia didn't seem to mind, it was in the basement and we could talk about it when he got home, etc. Oh, it was so great to hand the phone to Margot (under the pretense that she was excited to tell him about the pup) and have her shout April Fools!

That said, Margot bombarded me nonstop all afternoon with April Fools tricks (none of which were really that tricky, let's be honest). "Mom, your tire is flat. April Fools!"

Two seconds later. "Mama, there's a spider in your hair. April Fools!"

Less than one second later. "Mama, we climbed trees at school today. April Fools!"

But then, after at least 30 April Fools "tricks," she said "But really, mama, now I need to tell you something that is true. It's not a joke. I love you, mama."

No comments: