Saturday, May 01, 2010

Friday Night Picnics Resume

The past six weeks have provided us with some of the most beautiful Spring weather that I can recall for a long time. Perhaps ever. For this reason, we've been able to have a couple of Friday Night Picnics already this year. In early April, we ate with friends at the Iwo Jima Memorial and looked across the Potomac at a beautiful sunset. And yesterday evening, Brodie, Margot and I ate in Rock Creek Park. We walked the trails, kicked the soccer ball, played with Portia, and ate barbeque chicken sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies.

(Disclosure - Margot ate peanut butter, her usual standby. I don't know what she is going to eat this summer when she goes to camp, because the camp is "peanut-free." I'm going to try to trick her into eating sunflower seed butter. I'll report back on that experiment when it happens.)

April 2


April 30

No comments: