Thursday, September 09, 2010

The early bird gets the worm

This morning Margot was up and dressed before 7am. Not to brag or anything, but M has always been a terrific sleeper. The only days she wakes early are when she is sick. Even on Christmas morning we can count on her to sleep in a bit. An early and motivated awakening is highly unusual for Margot.

But today she puttered around bright and early. She got dressed, made her bed (!), put her hair in a pony tail, and tied her sneakers. When I went downstairs at 7:10 to make her breakfast and pack her lunch, she had beat me to it. She was spreading cream cheese on an already toasted bagel. Wow.

"Oh, and mommy," she said. "There is a little science experiment in the freezer. Please don't touch it."

Curious but not alarmed, I opened the freezer. There was a plate of silver glitter glue with Hershey's syrup squeezed on top of it. I shut the door and said not a word.

I am not sure what the hypothesis is for that experiment, but I am sure I will find out this afternoon.

No comments: