Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pillow Talk

Brodie is away for the weekend, so it's just 'the girls' this weekend (me, Margot, and Portia). Margot has been a little sniffly the past few days (a minor cold), so I let her sleep with me when I heard her wimpering in her crib before first light.

She promptly fell asleep on Brodie's pillow and I drifted off too. A couple of hours later though I felt a poke on my shouler. Poke. Poke poke. "Mommy!" she whispered loudly. Poke poke poke poke poke poke. "Mommy! I can't see my ears!"

I couldn't help but smile, and opened my eyes a little. She was leaning right over me. I pushed back the covers. And then...

"Oh Mommy! You look just like Ariel!" (I guess because I was wearing a tank top?)

Of all the Disney princess images, I guess I resemble the redhead the closest. I'm sure this was meant as a compliment, so I'll accept it gracefully...

No comments: